Have you ever thought of why we write essays? Why teachers always emphasize on writing an essay for a beginner, as well as for students at higher educational levels? Throughout our academic career, we are almost being forced to write an essay on both the assigned and self-chosen topics. Each time we experience panic, until we come up with a real idea behind writing an essay, its purposes and ways to deal with its significant parts.
Apart from the tacky things, when we make the cat come out of the bag, the mystery is solved and essay writing becomes easier. Let us solve the mystery here:
- Starting from a question, proceed to brainstorming ideas for the essay topic. Having different ideas for a topic ensures highlighting its different aspects.
- Select a topic which is close to your thesis statement; while selecting topic, consider your familiarity with the topic and give priority to your interest.
- After selecting a topic, write an organized work plan.
- Start planning by writing your outline for it. An outline should be comprised of a detailed plan that includes the sources of research. Research well on your topic and do not stick to one source; use internet and online resources, as well as books, journals, and any published material relevant to your topic.
- Take notes of the researched material and write down the most significant points that cover the main aspects of your essay paper topic.
- After jotting the information, write the first draft of your essay and organize your collected information accordingly. It is, therefore, necessary to work in an organized way.
- Re-read and re-check your first draft by making amendments to its organizational pattern along with grammatical mistakes or errors being made.
- Write the final paper and proofread the content
Writing an essay serves multiple purposes. It is, therefore, crucial to understand the purposes behind essay writing to deliver the best of writing every time.
Essays are a great source of enhancing writing and researching skills on an individual and group basis commonly used in schools, colleges and universities. A student has to face many of its forms during his/her academic career, but the four basic types which are crucial to be mastered are:
A thesis statement is a major tool that describes the whole essay content by starting from a broader perspective and narrowing it down by coming to the main subject. It is the main incorporating idea that basically supports the essay. Due to its significance, it is suggested to be included in the introductory paragraph.
An introduction paragraph should refine the thesis statement by providing a little description for it. It should consist of the basic points discussed through the essay.
The body of an essay should comprise of the main points that are needed to be extended in different paragraphs along with supporting evidence. The issues and ideas should be summarized in a way that links them to the main subject and shows a clear connection between them.
A conclusion is therefore more important than an introduction and the body. The conclusion sheds light on the subject of an essay comprising of three to four related and relevant points. It is sometimes called a reviewing part of an essay that does not allow repetition of words.
Including anecdotes in the beginning of an essay can lead to some great results in the end. Including an anecdote in the beginning means that there has to be one at the end too. Essay papers should include an introduction, a thesis, a body and a conclusion.
When you are done with writing your essay, prepare yourself to edit and proofread your content. Editing is the most crucial process that helps you write a perfect essay. This is where everyone can make changes to any part of an essay.
Article lesson: Before one gets started with writing a paper, it is necessary to learn the techniques that will make it a quality essay.