Have you ever thought of why we write essays? Why teachers always emphasize on writing an essay for a beginner, as well as for students at higher educational levels? Throughout our academic career, we are almost being forced to write an essay on both the assigned and self-chosen topics. Each time we experience panic, until we come up with a real idea behind writing an essay, its purposes and ways to deal with its significant parts.
Apart from the tacky things, when we make the cat come out of the bag, the mystery is solved and essay writing becomes easier. Let us solve the mystery here:
- Starting from a question, proceed to brainstorming ideas for the essay topic. Having different ideas for a topic ensures highlighting its different aspects.
- Select a topic which is close to your thesis statement; while selecting topic, consider your familiarity with the topic and give priority to your interest.
- After selecting a topic, write an organized work plan.
- Start planning by writing your outline for it. An outline should be comprised of a detailed plan that includes the sources of research. Research well on your topic and do not stick to one source; use internet and online resources, as well as books, journals, and any published material relevant to your topic.
- Take notes of the researched material and write down the most significant points that cover the main aspects of your essay paper topic.
- After jotting the information, write the first draft of your essay and organize your collected information accordingly. It is, therefore, necessary to work in an organized way.
- Re-read and re-check your first draft by making amendments to its organizational pattern along with grammatical mistakes or errors being made.
- Write the final paper and proofread the content
Writing an essay serves multiple purposes. It is, therefore, crucial to understand the purposes behind essay writing to deliver the best of writing every time.